Our_Adoption_Profile

Thursday, May 25, 2006

This blog is to just show our adoption profile. We went through an agency in Texas that was used by a friend. We wanted a domestic adoption. It was a long road with all the paperwork and background checks and the homestudy but it was all worth it.

When I was making it I went crazy trying to figure out how to do it. All I could find was simple "Dear Birthmother" letters with a few photos. Our adoption agency required a "profile". Pages of photos and descriptions. Well maybe not as many as I did (I actually had 10 pages LOL) but it was hard to know where to start.

Here's something to make you laugh. Once I figured out what I wanted to do (after changing my mind 3 times) I had to put it all together. Well when it rains it pours......after working on it for over a week and staying up until 2am most nights, my computer CRASHED! Yes I can hear all of you "didn't you burn a CD?" Unfortunatley I did not. So I had to start all over again. I think the final product came out really well.

It was printed on high gloss photo paper and professionally bound. We had to make 12 copies of this book to send to the agency so I thought it would look better if it was done this way. I used simple clip art and any photos I might have had. I hope this helps someone else in their quest for the ultimate gift, a child.

We received a call regarding our son 4 months after we submitted the profile. We were fortunate enough to meet with the birthmom at the agency and I had to be nosy. I asked her what made her choose us. We aren't the best looking or the richest so I just had to know. She said "I don't want to talk bad about the other families but your book made me cry". That was the highest compliment she could have given us. To touch her enough to make her so emotional.

Good luck in your journey. Have faith. Believe. Your child is out there. Don't give up. Your turn will come.



This is our cover page.
We needed a title for the profile and we thought "A child born in our hearts"
was pretty appropriate.


This is a poem I added.


This is a letter to the birthmom I wrote.
It was hard to say all I wanted to say but somehow I managed to keep it down to one page!


Dating & our wedding
Just to show how we started out.


Our home (part 1 & 2)
We showed everything inc. what would be the babys room


Our vacations (Part 1 & 2)
We didn't go anywhere special or really exciting. We just wanted to show that we enjoy ourselves.


We thought it would also be a good idea to show that we are involved in the community. We didn't name the organization though. Everything had to be non-identifiying info.




Our Family
I added a little note at the end. Just something to make it a little more personal and to let her know that we were sincere. Sometimes a little extra is all a person needs. It's not necessary, but I felt it would be a nice touch.

If you have any questions regarding domestic adoption, this profile or just want to a bit of reassurance (and who couldn't use that) I will be more than happy to help out anyone who needs it. I am a big advocate of adoption. Please feel free leave me a comment with your e-mail address and I will contact you as soon as possible.

Good Luck.
Alison




1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home